[squeak-dev] Bibi, a Scratch port to recent Squeak

Juan Vuletich (mail lists) juanlists at jvuletich.org
Sat Feb 23 13:58:27 UTC 2013

Hi Tim,

What tinyBenchmarks performance do you get?

I use Cuis all the time on an Atom netbook (Cog, 29Msends/sec,
180Mbytecodes/sec). Cuis is nice to use here.

 From time to time, I run it on my XO (300MHz Geode, Cog,
6.2Msends/sec, 39Mbytecodes/sec). Cuis is pefectly usable here.
Sometimes I also run it on a PIII with a CPUKiller app, that brings
performance down to XO levels.

Using slower machines is really useful. It really helped me find code
that really deserved some optimization. The result is that, even if it
looks cool, Cuis is usable on slow hardware?

Have you tried Cuis on the Pi? Could you please do it and comment on
the experience?

BTW, if needed, you can evaluate 'Preferences slowMachine' to trade
looks for responsiveness.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich