[squeak-dev] Mantis usage rules du jour

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 23 17:10:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 04:09:04PM +0000, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2013, at 15:47, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> >
> > Mantis might appear less dead if reports/changes got posted to squeak-dev. Thoughts?
>
> The reason it doesn't already do this is just that I didn't want to annoy everyone. I think it's a great idea. What granularity ought to apply? Mails on new issues? State changes (to see when something's resolved)?

I think it's a great idea too. At the current rate of Mantis updates, I
would say that all changes on Mantis could be sent to squeak-dev without
any problem. Of course that might cause people to start updating Mantis
more often, at which point we might want to turn down the noise.

One other point to mention - Mantis is for tracking issues, not for debate
and discussion. So if a Mantis update appears here on squeak-dev, use the
squeak-dev list for discussion of the issue, and update Mantis only when
there is new information or status to report.

Dave