[squeak-dev] Re: Towards SqueakCore

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Feb 25 16:53:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 05:37:38PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> I still fail to see the problem. For purposes of the build server, you once make a Core image by unloading all possible packages. This becomes the new "master image" from which all subsequent releases are built. Then you use that as the base to run tests, build full images, etc.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?

Yes. This provides a mechanism for creating and maintaining a core image,
and for verifying on an ongoing basis that the full image built from core
matches a full image that is tracking the trunk update stream. At image
release time, two should be essentially the same.  Meanwhile the full
trunk image remains in the update stream so that all developers can see
the impact of their changes on all packages.

Dave