[squeak-dev] opinion on xtreams wanted

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:52:39 UTC 2013

On 25 February 2013 20:14, Martin Kuball <martinkuball at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now and than you read about xtreams and the stream implementation in squeak being bad. So I wonder what is your opinion of xtreams. Is it compatible with squeak 4.4? Is it maintained? Are there alternatives?

Xtreams is _wonderful_ to use. It's a bit... tricky to install at the
moment, in both 4.4 and 4.5. There is an install script someone wrote,
back in the list archives.

Mainly it needs someone to write a SqueakMap entry... Nicolas? S'il vous plaît?

When I need streams, I only use Xtreams.

(Yes, it is maintained, but it doesn't actually require much maintenance.)

frank