[squeak-dev] SqueakCI Benchmarking

Jeff Gonis jeff.gonis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:35:46 UTC 2013

> The slave can run two concurrent builds (so yes, the benchmark
> accuracy is compromised). Otherwise, as far as I know at least, the
> box only serves up Jenkins. Chris Cunnington or Ken Causey could give
> more detailed answers: I just keep adding CI jobs to the thing.
>
> frank

Frank, you probably know the CI best, is the SqueakTrunk project a
"root" project as it were?  I know that it triggers builds in a number
of other projects, but doesn't it have to build first, before the
other projects start?  If that is true, then would it not be the only
job running at the time as it will run first?  If so, we might be able
to get away with not having too much disruption to the benchmarks from
other projects running.

Also, if the other projects are built on their own thread, will that
not also help to isolate SqueakTrunk, as the VM is still single
threaded, and the benchmarks don't grab any data from the disk after
startup?

Thanks,
Jeff