[squeak-dev] SqueakCI Benchmarking

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Feb 26 23:06:35 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-26, at 21:58, Jeff Gonis <jeff.gonis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> So with a lot of help from Frank Shearar and Nicolas Cellier, I have
> introduced performance benchmarking to the SqueakCI server.  You can
> see our current performance trends at the following link:
> http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/performance/

Interesting. Why is there already such a large difference between builds #182 and #183? Or are the results simply too noisy? TO be useful they should be fairly consistent.

> I hope to
> eventually add in benchmarks looking at graphical performance in
> squeak (Balloon vs Gezira vs Cairo, etc), maybe network performance,
> etc, etc.  If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear
> them.

Maybe some macro benchmarks would be useful: opening a browser, finding senders, accepting methods, parsing an xml file, etc.

- Bert -