[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-fbs.93.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:12:55 UTC 2013

On 27 February 2013 10:59,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of ReleaseBuilder to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ReleaseBuilder-fbs.93.mcz

> Name: ReleaseBuilder-fbs.93
> Author: fbs
> Time: 27 February 2013, 10:46:38.29 am
> UUID: 8bed241d-693b-499e-9f11-a2ac2b1ffc0c
> Ancestors: ReleaseBuilder-fbs.92
>
> Load into the release image those packages that have been stripped from Trunk, but still deemed necessary for a release artifact.

Annoyingly, you can't actually test the release process without having
your commits in trunk (because cleaning your local packages requires
checking them against trunk, and your local-only ReleaseBuilder
version causes an MNU in the in the #versionWithInfo: send

		[(trunk versionWithInfo: wc ancestors first) load]
			on: Warning do: [:w | w resume]]

That might simply be unavoidable; I haven't though about it enough to
say one way or another.

At any rate, this is half of my proposal. I haven't yet actually
stripped anything out of Trunk, mainly because I'm unsure how. I think
I need to take a clean, updated image and run a script on it, and at
the moment don't know what that script looks like. Maybe this?:

	(MCWorkingCopy allManagers select:
		[:mgr | #('Foo' 'Bar' 'Baz') includes: mgr packageName ])
			do: [:wc | wc unload].
	WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ SmalltalkImage current snapshot:
false andQuit: true ].

frank