[squeak-dev] Mine-able ideas?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:18:33 UTC 2013

http://blog.datomic.com/2012/10/codeq.html

Executive summary:
* Git gives version control over files
* Clojure code typically has lots of functions or other chunks of code
in one file
* This means you can't ask for the version of a single unit of code
* Static analyses over the files as they vary through time, dumped
into a database, yields interesting stuff

What they're calling "codeqs" ("code quantum") filetree folks would
call a file, because filetree already splits everything (I think?)
into bits, and versions everything at the "codeq" level by virtue of
storing each bit in its own file: class definition, comment, method
definition, etc.

So we already have most of this stuff already - I couldn't live
without my in-image method versions - but I'm wondering if anyone else
can spot anything worth copying?

frank