[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolsTests-fbs.60.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 23:06:21 UTC 2013

On 3 January 2013 22:58,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of ToolsTests to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/ToolsTests-fbs.60.mcz

> Name: ToolsTests-fbs.60
> Author: fbs
> Time: 3 January 2013, 10:58:12.844 pm
> UUID: 02ef57f8-3585-42cf-9369-a2f4ead08e67
> Ancestors: ToolsTests-fbs.59
>
> Much better testing for Browser >> #annotationForClassCommentFor:.
>
> =============== Diff against ToolsTests-fbs.59 ===============

In case you're curious about the rash of Browser changes, the uniting
principles behind the changes are
* use UI elements where possible rather than reflective machinery (so
if you just need the selected class name, use #selectedClassName, not
#selectedClass), and
* concentrate the reflective stuff into as few things as possible:
classOrganizer, metaclassOrganizer and as few other places as
possible.

Doing this (a) makes Browser more understandable (hopefully) and (b)
lets me reuse more and more of Browser's code for my
as-yet-unpublished-but-will-be-soon RemoteBrowser. A RemoteBrowser is
a Browser that talks to a Reflect-Core-running remote image, letting
you browse and edit code through HTTP calls. (The use of HTTP is
purely one of expedience: all the bits are already lying around.)

frank