[squeak-dev] Re: Cannot search Projects or Versions on SqueakSource3

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:44:02 UTC 2013

Regarding the  MontiCello (MC) paradigm: Dale H. has stated that git,
github and other distributed version control systems like Mercurial
and MC can coexist

cf FileTree (in SqueakMap for 4.4, not a new information for you, I assume)

A smooth transition taking 1...5 years is possible....Nobody should feel forced.

For example Eliot M. says that MC is indispensable for his work.
As for me I must say that MC works fine.

And the MC files may be stored on web sites as well like Colin P. and
Lukas N. do with their artifacts.

BTW this reinforces the point that more support for SqueakMap is
needed for 2013.

--Hannes