[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.4 Question

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 7 14:57:41 UTC 2013

On 07.01.2013, at 15:48, James Robertson <jarober at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where is the sources file for 4.4?  Ican get the VM, the image, and changes file - but where is the 4.4 sources file hiding?

We have been sloppy with making source files. All releases since 4.1 have shipped with the same sources and growing changes.

The plan was to condense sources for every point release, but nondestructively: the changes are supposed to be compacted and appended to the previous release's sources. That way, all point releases can share a single sources file.

Maybe we should finally follow through with this plan for 4.5? Or even for the full 4.4 release?

TL;DR: use 4.1 sources for 4.4

- Bert -