[squeak-dev] [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:49:24 UTC 2013

On 7 January 2013 15:43, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mornin'.
>
>>> When loading Fuel from SqueakMap, it complains that there is no version for my version of Squeak, and then says there is no published version at all, but seems to load if you click to try the latest unpublished version.
>>
>> Thanks for the report, Ken. There are as yet no 4.5 releases at all. Not surprising, given it's only just started.
>
> This is what the (head) release is (supposed to be) for -- it's a
> separate Release which always just loads the latest versions and
> therefore almost never needs updating.

Yes, but (head) also needs to be marked as compatible with a Squeak
version. It doesn't make sense for (head) to be compatible with _all_
versions either, just ones more recent than, say, the latest
non-(head) release. So FFI has a (head) that's marked as compatible
with 4.3, for instance. Either we need an automatic mechanism for
(head) versions to gain compatibility with the latest Squeak release,
or people have to fix things themselves.

(Having the ability to multiselect Squeak versions in the
SMReleaseBrowser would aid the manual approach.)

frank