[squeak-dev] [ANN] Fuel 1.8.1

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 20:54:33 UTC 2013

On 7 January 2013 16:46, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
>> This is before I directed my image to point to trunk.
>> I start with a fresh Squeak4.4-12327, open SqueakMap, select Squeak 4.4, then select Fuel.
>> When I click Install, I get:
>> The package has no published release for your Squeak version, try releases for any Squeak version? Yes, No.
>>
>> Then if I click 'Yes', I get:
>> The package has no published release at all, take the latest of the unpublished releases? Yes, No.
>>
>> Clicking 'Yes', allows the Install to proceed.
>
> IMO, the whole "Published" attribute should be ripped out of SqueakMap
> because it does not seem useful at all.

Well, its utility is only in "this version is considered immutable".
The Ruby guys use a convention of 1.2.dev and the Java/Scala/Clojure
guys (because they all share most of the same toolchain) use a
convention of 1.2-SNAPSHOT.

We could just do that. Users would expect a version of 1.2-SNAPSHOT to
possibly change, while expecting that eventually an immutable 1.2
would be released.

frank