[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2013

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jan 9 03:48:54 UTC 2013

On 08.01.2013, at 08:41, Ron Teitelbaum <ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It’s that time again.  First I would like to take a moment to thank Göran for running the elections all these past years.  I would also like to thank you for your vote of confidence in letting me step in to run the elections.  I hope that I can live up to Göran excellent example.
>
> Every year we elect the SOB (Squeak Oversight Board) consisting of seven
> members from our community. The current board is:
>
>                http://www.squeak.org/Foundation/Board

Oops, that page looks about a year out of date ... for reference, here's the previous election results:

2012: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_114579ef2a1eb9a4
2011: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_22a9387d06a3ed3b
2010: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_716d8c257e6cf36b
2009: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_f48a814ea5d852de
2008: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_d38cc27709a65b64
2007: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_be84b060864afc59
2006: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_8c2bcb5151df7e75

(we really should put those links up somewhere permanent ...)

> Everything about the election, including schedule and more, can be
> tracked here:
>
>                http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6191
>

> *** Now until Monday 28th of January 3PM (20.00 UTC): Nominations of SOB members and
> campaigning!

Wouldn't it be great to beat the record of 12 nominations this year? Step up, people! Also, maybe encourage others by email, in private or public, to run!  Being on a board member really is not that much work, about one hour twice a month, plus some emailing which everybody does anyway. If you care deeply about Squeak then you should consider running. Pretty please, with sugar on top ;)

- Bert -