[squeak-dev] All-in-ones

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jan 9 18:18:22 UTC 2013

On 09.01.2013, at 09:39, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is partly covered here in the Etoys release how-to:
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/svn/trunk/Documentation/Release-HowTo.txt
>
> But  Bert is the expert here.
>
> Karl

Karl is referring to the Etoys-to-Go description in section 5. Our current process is only semi-automated, it requires hand-editing of the meta data plist files. Basically all VM binaries are checked into SVN http://etoys.squeak.org/svn/trunk/VM/ along with the image and misc files (translation files, example projects etc) http://etoys.squeak.org/svn/trunk/Etoys and then a shell script assembles the directory structure and builds a zip file.

(btw, even though I invented the original all-in-one packaging for Squeak apps, I'm still not convinced it is well suited as primary download, at least not for the Mac, where the image is hidden "inside" the VM)

- Bert -