[squeak-dev] All-in-ones

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:44:06 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:

> I think the best way to do the story straight is to keep the releases
> separate. I really find distasteful the idea of a bunch of big files hidden
> in a Mac .app package in the interest of all-in-one, especially if it is
> Windows stuff.
> I think if someone wants to easily be able to copy their stuff back and
> forth between platforms, it should be easy to throw a couple of separate
> platform downloads into a folder and subsequently move that folder.
>
> Along that line, I have recently (last 2 months) begun to completely
re-assemble the structure of the programs once I've installed the
all-in-ones onto windows, usually throwing away the non-windows parts and
then removing most (or all) of the directory structures.  It became tedious
to keep opening folder after folder to get to the image.

I'm starting to use Linux for this (maybe tomorrow) - so i have no idea if
I'll wind up doing the same there or not.  And, yes, I'll start swapping
between machines, so I don't know if I'd like an all-in-one at that point,
or another way of handling it.  I'll see.

-Chris (another one)