[squeak-dev] Re: All-in-ones

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Thu Jan 10 23:30:20 UTC 2013

Ken wrote:
>I say completely scrap the idea of an all-in-one download for releases.
>The three times bigger download size and added complexity of building the all-in-one isn't worth any effort IMHO for the three people somehwere that might want to run on more than one platform. >Any interested parties are certain to be able to easily pick their appropriate platform download.

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people using multiple platforms. Developing on mac, deploying on linux is pretty
common, as well as developing on linux, deploying on windows. I have also done numerous workshops where
participants used all kind of machines. On FOSDEM it didn't work that good as there tend to be several more
rare distributions.

Stephan