[squeak-dev] 4.4 release update map is update-bf.217

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:14:25 UTC 2013

On 11 January 2013 22:01, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Somehow we forgot to publish an update map corresponding exactly to the 4.4 release image package versions.
>
> I now retroactively did that by replacing update-cwp.217 in the trunk repo with update-bf.217. That is, I opened update-cwp.217, updated it from a fresh 4.4-12327 image, stored as update-bf.217, and deleted update-cwp.217 using the web interface.
>
> The result is that if you browse update-bf.217 in vanilla 4.4, all package versions match (as indicated by no bold or italic entries).
>
> - Bert -

This means that one should now be able to hit "update" on the 44
update stream and not have an error, right?

I had thought/hoped that the error would resolve itself when the first
update to 44 went in. But I think it's just another area where I can
become less ignorant.

How best would we fix this for 4.5? We have a script in the
ReleaseBuilder (#transferCurrentPackages) that pushes all the latest
versions of trunk to the new update stream, so perhaps we can tweak
that to also produce an update map?

frank