[squeak-dev] In Memory of Andreas Raab

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 01:40:24 UTC 2013

When I came into the community, I was surfing: I'd heard about this Smalltalk thing and wanted to take it for a spin. When I inevitably found myself confused I posted to the list. Andreas replied and somehow in what felt like five minutes he had me agreeing to package up the relicense release.

Andreas, probably more than anyone else here, inspired me to stick around.

I'm stunned and saddened. I wish I would have showed up sooner. I wish I could have known him longer. I will never forget him.

Thanks for letting us know, Ron.

-- Casey Ransberger