[squeak-dev] In Memory of Andreas Raab

Tansel Ersavas tansel at tansel.org
Wed Jan 16 05:08:48 UTC 2013

This is truly a very saddening and depressing news!

I remember like yesterday that he popped out of nowhere with the very first
port of Squeak to Windows and left most of us in awe, as I remember that
included Alan Kay. From then on he was instrumental in Squeak's
development. His truly substantial contributions to 3D collaborative
computing via Croquet and OpenQwaq will take years to be truly appreciated.
Unfortunately people like him who are years ahead of their time are rarely
acknowledged when they are alive, especially with such an abruptly cut life
at such a young age.

When we met personally we always had great, some even crazy moments! He was
a great inspiration and great friend.

I notice that there is no Wikipedia page for Andreas. It would be proper if
we authored such a page to make his contributions more acknowledged and to
honor his memory more properly.

Tansel