[squeak-dev] [ANN] I'm in. Vote.

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:04:36 UTC 2013

I'd like to announce my candidacy for the Squeak Oversight Board.

My goals include optional Git integration for the Squeak system (ala Cuis,) as well as the load-ability of Morphic 3 when it arrives.

Don't underestimate how much work that's liable to be, though, it isn't going to be easy. I'd also very much like to see Monticello actually load-able in Cuis, which either means porting ToolBuilder or doing a whole new UI for it. Or rewriting the whole mess after the fashion of Andreas Raab's treatment of Traits. There are a lot of possibilities about how to do this here, with tangible good effects in every direction.

In a paraphrase of Juan's words: Cuis will always be Squeak, and we remain forever a part of the Squeak community. In case you thought I was leaving!

There are plenty of reasons not to vote for me. Please review them. Start by constraining a Google search on the list archive to my name and just read the posts. You'll see quickly that I'm a bit of a hothead. Not always the first to get along. I try?

That said: this community has my service, if it is needed, and I'd love to do it. I owe all of you that, for what you've given me.

Thank you: all of you.

-- Casey Ransberger