[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.4 Question

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:40:26 UTC 2013

On 12 January 2013 02:28, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/11/13, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've just done that, James, and also put up the Cog VMs we tested with
>> 4.4 (version r2640).
>
> Thank you Frank, having the Cog VMs plus image and sources file for
> 4.4. which were tested together is very useful.
>
> May I ask you to put  a
>     http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/SqueakV41.sources.zip
> file in addition to
>     http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/SqueakV41.sources.gz
> for convenience of MS Windows users who do not have something like
> 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) installed?
>
> --Hannes

Hi Hannes,

A bit slow, but you'll find a zip. (I'm a bit surprised that Windows
can't gunzip a file - doesn't Windows 7's built in unzipper support
it?)

I have _also_ put files called SqueakV44.sources(.gz|zip). These are
identical to the V41 sources, but I've realised that for automating
things you REALLY REALLY want to have the sources file name derivable
from the Squeak version. At some point I will need to make Squeak 4.4
look for a SqueakV44.sources file, and I've added an item to the todo
list to have Squeak 4.5 do this automatically as part of the release
cycle.

frank