[squeak-dev] In Memory of Andreas Raab

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:44:41 UTC 2013

On 16 January 2013 09:13, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/15/13 4:15 PM, "Jecel Assumpcao Jr." <jecel at merlintec.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a very sad day! I am glad that this community clearly showed
>> Andreas its appreciation in every single board election in which he
>> participated.
>>
>> -- Jecel
>
> About this, my proposal is in this election we have a empty chair.
> His deserved chair , so we remember our loss.
>
> Edgar

There is a big problem with this idea, in that the SOB currently
number 7. Having an odd number is very good, because it means you
can't have a deadlocked vote (barring abstentions). With an empty
seat, we don't have that guarantee.

I do like having an "in memoriam" release, or dedication, or something.

I may not have interacted much with Andreas, but I read every single
one of his mails. When he erred in his dealings with others, he
apologised. Aside from all the other great things he was, this ranks
highly in my own list of admired traits.

frank