[squeak-dev] Trunk test failures on OS X

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:26:42 UTC 2013

On 17 January 2013 19:10, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 17-01-2013, at 5:44 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't have a builtasticRisc.sh yet, but if someone volunteers a
>> build slave I can set one up... *cough*
>

> As in RISC OS?

Ah, I think I got a nibble there!

> It shouldn't be too hard to make something work I guess. There's an assortment of faintly unixy telnet type stuff that might help; makefile and so on are much the same, you can schedule jobs easily enough, SVN works ok (most of the time).

The major issue, if it is actually an issue, is that we use Jenkins,
which necessitates running Java on the device. It might be possible to
write a special kind of Jenkins slave that instead of doing anything
itself, sshed commands to another slave on the RISC OS machine, if
running Java on such a device is untenable.

> Since the raspberryPi costs a whole $35 I imagine the smart thing to do would be to find a way to get one setup at your place.

Mine's currently broken, somehow. Both video and (more importantly)
network have stopped working. I should perhaps buy another one, you're
quite right! (But my own bias is towards running a unix on it.)

frank