[squeak-dev] Re: browsing method speed

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:06:59 UTC 2013

IMO the readOnlyCopy logic is broken.  e should modify SourceFiles to keep
a *single* read-only copy alongside each writable copy, and supply that
when asked for a read-only copy.  The read-only copy is effectively a
cache.  It needs to be flushed when a source file changes and when the
image starts up.  Again I have code for this from a modified 3.9 image if
anyone is interested.  IMO this is important.

--
best,
Eliot