[squeak-dev] Re: browsing method speed

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 21 23:42:49 UTC 2013

On 21-01-2013, at 3:21 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> How do we make that single copy thread-safe?

If you refer to the problem that I am familiar with, by getting rid of the four primitives primitiveFileRead, primitiveFileWrite, primitiveFileGetPosition & primitiveFileSetPosition; replace them with primitiveFileReadFileIDFilePtrIntoArrayStartingAtCount & primitiveFileWriteFileIDFilePtrFromArrayStartingAtCount

That way there is no gap between setting the file position and reading/writing. Some OS's (coughRISC OS) have this as the base api anyway.

tim
"How many Teela Browns does it take to change a lightbulb?" "Stupid question."