[squeak-dev] Re: Calendar Chooser

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Tue Jan 22 19:57:06 UTC 2013

I've definitely made changes since then. My current implementation of
#date: looks like this:

date: aDate

    | recompute |
    recompute := date isNil or: [date month ~= aDate month].
    date := aDate.
    recompute
        ifTrue: [self computeDays].
    self triggerEvent: #dateChanged.
    self changed: #dateChanged

So the event stuff got added after I posted that to the list.

If someone can walk me through it or point me to a page that describes how
to do it, I can update the inbox with my current code.

I'm not sure why date needs to be lazy-initialized in the getter, since the
instance creation methods #on: and #openOn: both set it to the date you
pass in.

- Jon