[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Monticello-nice.528.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:15:20 UTC 2013

OK, I commited but...
This was a first guess, and now I think it was a wrong guess.

DependentsFields key is weak AND DependentsFields value is a
DependentsArray which weakly point to its variables too.
So this is not the same case as http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7119

I finally found that the unreleased instances I saw were pointed by
the docking bar 'windows' subMenu.
When you close a window, the subMenu isn't rebuilt.
So all the windows that existed when you last opened docking bar
'windows' menu will continue to exist until next time you open this
menu.
You usually open this menu when your screen is crowded, which tend to
maximize the life of many garbage...

The fact that the dependents are in Object DependentsFields only make
them more visible, and my change just let them be less visible, so it
was essentially useless...