[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-nice.635.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:55:17 UTC 2013

There is more...
(MCFileBasedRepository flushAllCaches) does not flush all the MCDefinition
The MCMethodDefinition ones corresponding to installed methods in the
system are remaining.

MCMethodDefinition class>>initialize
	Smalltalk addToShutDownList: self

MCMethodDefinition class>>shutDown
	definitions := nil.

So the intention was probably to release the definitions cache at
image save or quit

Unfortunately, SmalltalkImage>>processShutDownList: is sending
#shutdown: not #shutdown so the cache is not cleaned

We should implement

MCMethodDefinition class>>shutDown: quitting
	definitions := nil.

or

MCMethodDefinition class>>shutDown: quitting
	quitting ifTrue: [definitions := nil].

Nicolas