[squeak-dev] squeak.org - next iteration - new error gif

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jan 24 20:35:19 UTC 2013

On 24.01.2013, at 12:18, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 January 2013 20:05, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://box3.squeak.org:8624/error
>
> I've changed the gif. And it's much smaller.
> I'll pull out the frames and background colors in the next rev.
>
> I'm far from a graphics person, but might a PNG not better preserve the flat colours in the Browser? At the moment there are rather visible compression artifacts, both in the green parts and especially so in the buttons.
>
> frank

Yes, this is all for saving space. On my screen I only see the compression artifacts when I zoom into the image. Maybe on the next iteration I should use a higher quality level for the JPG, but I don't think we can get the file size down as much with a PNG, because of all the smooth shadow gradients.

- Bert -