[squeak-dev] AndreasSystemProfiler Released MIT

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:05:08 UTC 2013

Ahem.  Perhaps before we start slashing and cutting basic tools like
the profiler, we should articulate a coherent description of our
vision for a reduced image, what's in it, and what audience it would
target.

The profiler is an essential development tool, so that would seem to
cut developers from the target audience.  Whatever reason you want to
cut it may be that you'd also like to cut the Process browser too -- I
don't know without knowing what your goals are.  Like everyone else I
want a smaller image, but with "small" it should be more like a
neutron star is to a red-giant -- *dense* with functionality and
applicability.  Until we can get to a truly "minimal" image (1MB) our
cutting should be toward the goal of something Small and powerful, not
small and useless.  :)

I suggest before we cut basic development tools we cut "app" type
stuff like... "telemorphic" and