[squeak-dev] AndreasSystemProfiler Released MIT

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:39:56 UTC 2013

On 25 January 2013 18:34, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
> My two cents is that the profiler should be an external package that is
> brought into a minimal core at build time if desired. Now us the time to
> start doing that sort of thing otherwise it will be stuck in the base image
> and no one will know how to get it out.. The other packages as well of
> course, whether at build time for a release or as a later customization for
> individual users.

Well, it is already an external package. The argument would be "it
can't get entangled with the base image if it stays that way". Which
is fair enough.

It _is_ a critical dev tool, and (a) devs can load it into their own
custom images and (b) we have a release script that can take the clean
fully updated image from CI and load it in as part of the
ReleaseSqueakTrunk job. Installer _might_ need a bit of love to do
this; I don't recall off-hand.

frank