[squeak-dev] Everyone's talking about debuggers these days

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:29:57 UTC 2013

Inline, briefly.

On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> By "stub out stuff" do you mean "write a stub test case with self
> assert: false"? *raises hand*

Actually, I do that when I'm feeling responsible, as in I-might-want-to-use-this-more-than-once. More often though, I'm dinking around on Project Euler and plan to throw my code away, in which case I just paste in "self break."

> Annoyingly, defining a #subclassResponsibility method destroys my
> flow: the debugger won't, obviously, prompt you for that "create
> method" button I love so much. (Hm, could one restore that with a
> SubclassResponsibilityException that the debugger can catch?)

I'm not sure what the right way to do that would be, but I feel your pain. Try it?