[squeak-dev] RaspberryPi RISC OS Squeak now has actual sound output

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 28 13:53:01 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 09:48:54PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> There is now a RISC OS Squeak 4.0 with actual sound output available for testing - try http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/Squeak3-9c-RISCOS.zip
> to download a bundle of the entire squeak setup, including the DeepKeys and SharedSoundBuffer modules, the Squeak .source file already installed and the image/changes file ready to go.
>
> And if that seems to work, you might try a very sketchy Scratch try-out by downloading http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/Scratch-RISCOS.zip
> ? but you?ll need to have grabbed theSqueak package first in order to have the deepkeys/ssb modules.

Very cool indeed. I've never actually had the chance to try a RiscOS machine,
and it looks like this Raspberry Pi gadget would be a good low cost way to try
it out. I figure any gadget that can run Squeak can't be all bad :)

BTW, the link to "Raspberry Pi Foundation" on the http://www.rowledge.org/tim/squeak/
page has an error, I presume it should be pointing to http://www.raspberrypi.org.

Dave