[squeak-dev] Looking for Scratch base image

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Thu Jan 31 18:44:54 UTC 2013

Chris Hogan  wrote:
> I believe that Lively was switched to canvas.

Good point. I had forgotten about that, though I don't think they
threw away the SVG stuff.

If I understand correctly they used Morphic's canvas as an abstraction
over a choice of SVG or HTML Canvas. I can't really picture that in my
head, perhaps because I think of Morphic's canvas as a sheet of
pixels.

A Google search turned up a fascinating book the Lively Kernel team
published last year, which has some comments about SVG.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=bks-mQ6lktYC&lpg=PA12&ots=W6ZKhGhBWl&dq=SVG&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=svg&f=false

Have fun! David