[squeak-dev] Re: SS3 canary question

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sat Jul 6 16:21:42 UTC 2013

Am 05.07.2013 um 15:35 schrieb Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl>:

> Tobias wrote:
>> I would strongly suggest to use GemStone for the server works.
>> I think it brings more benefits than downsides.
>> For example, I set up canary in less than 20 minutes, including
>> the complete gemstone install.
>
> And the install scripts/puppet or chef recipes/blog posts are where? :)
>
> Hmm, can I temp you with: "If you put them online I'll make you a screencast."?
>
> Stephan

Manual installation.
Admittedly, I haven't even used the installGemstone.sh script from
seaside.gemtalksystems.com, beacuse there is already another gemstone
and some maglevs installed, so I
 - FTPed the 3.1.0.4 GemStone zip
 - Unzipped it into place
 - modified some scripts
 - deployed my stone and went on.
Yes, this is not the most repeatable installation. But it fitted me.

However, the Scripts that Norbert uses for his CI work. :)
Norbert?

Best
	-Tobias]