[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-dtl.560.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jul 16 11:46:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:49:18AM +0100, Frank Shearar wrote:
> So when I unloaded ST80, I should also have unloaded ToolBuilder-MVC.
> I've now done that, making the SqueakTrunk build much happier. ST80
> and ToolBuilder-MVC continue to be tested (and they pass their tests
> currently) in the ExternalPackages job.
>
> Dave, I'd appreciate it if you could take a latest-and-greatest
> ReleaseSqueakTrunk artifact and play around with ST80 in it.
> Everything _should_ Just Work.

I loaded MVC back into the Squeak4.5-12579 image from ReleaseSqueakTrunk
(packages ST80, ST80Tools, ST80Tests, and ToolBuilder-MVC). I saw no new
problems and all seems to work fine, just a little faster than usual due
to the smaller image. Nice :-)

Unrelated to MVC, I did accidentally notice that "Object new open" crashes
the VM in this image rather than opening a debugger, we'll have to see
what's up with that.

Dave