[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Thu Jul 18 23:55:04 UTC 2013

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006215.html

Name: Compression-fbs.38
Ancestors: Compression-fbs.37

Move CompressedSourceStream to Compression, making Files (in conjunction with System-fbs.570) independent of Compression.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006216.html

Name: Files-fbs.126
Ancestors: Files-fbs.125

Move CompressedSourceStream to Compression, making Files (in conjunction with System-fbs.570) independent of Compression.

Move FileDirectory methods to System (corresponding to the other half of System-fbs.570) to finish breaking Files -> Compression.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006217.html

Name: Files-fbs.127
Ancestors: Files-fbs.126

.... and move FileDirectory class>>openSources:forImage: to System-Files.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006218.html

Name: System-fbs.570
Ancestors: System-fbs.569

Move those methods inducing a Files -> Compression dependency to System.

This move makes sense for the methods for loading the sources & changes files. The #fileIn: is pretty arbitrary. Really, I'd like to see that in a separate code-loading package, but System's close enough for now.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006219.html

Name: Tests-fbs.240
Ancestors: Tests-fbs.239

Files -/-> Compression.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006220.html

Name: System-fbs.571
Ancestors: System-fbs.570

.... and move FileDirectory class>>openSources:forImage: to System-Files.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-July/006221.html

Name: MorphicExtras-fbs.116
Ancestors: MorphicExtras-fbs.115

Tim Rowledge says:

"I was spending a couple of minutes whacking old mantis reports and found a related bug when checking 001818; open the 'objects' morph, click on 'alphabetic' and fail!!! It's due to the recent change in Character>to: - it used to create a collection and now makes a String (not entirely convinced that was a good idea), so using #collect: ends up with a 'improper store' error. This works around it so that at least the objects tool now works."