[squeak-dev] Phexample on Squeak

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Sun Jul 21 09:08:59 UTC 2013

Hi Frank:

On 19 Jul 2013, at 19:55, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't for the general case. In _this_ case maybe we can find our way
>>> out of the mess by enhancing Phexample:
>>>
>>> shouldFailWhenPopEmpty
>>>       | stack |
>>>       stack := self given: #shouldBeEmpty.
>>>       [ stack pop ] should signal: Error withMessageTextMatching: 'a
>>> * is empty'.

>> Actually, it's easier to fix than that: just relax the test a teeny
>> bit. I've uploaded a fix to
>> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Scratchpad-fbs/Phexample-fbs.64.
>>
>> Stefan, I'd love to hear if this fixes Phexample for Pharo 1.4.
>>
>> Niko, how do you handle receiving fixes?
>
> Anyone?

What are you referring to exactly?
I just checked it on Squeak 4.4, which was an adventure on its own *sigh*.

The fix got integrated, no?
I see:

[ stack pop ] on: Error do: [:e |
		e messageText should matchRegex: '.* is empty'].

in that method, and it has a timestamp from March, with your name attached.

Works on Squeak 4.4 and Pharo 1.4 with the latest configuration (I tested bleedingEdge).

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr