[squeak-dev] Can't browse Traits [was Ancient Mantis Report 1554, compiler and global vs class variables]

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jul 21 22:22:27 UTC 2013

On 21-07-2013, at 3:12 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, it appears that all these are Traits, and that we currently can't browse Traits.
> See Trait someInstance browse...
> (In my image I have a few obsolete Traits by the way)

Are Traits used at all? Are they used meaningfully? I remember they seemed like a pretty cool idea but has any actual, useful usefulness of a useful nature been made of them? Are there tools to do anything sensible with them? Is there current, readable documentation that would help people make good use of them?

If not, toss'em.

tim
Loyalty oaths.Secret searches.No-fly lists.Detention without legal recourse.Remind me - who won the cold war?