[squeak-dev] Ancient Mantis Report 1554, compiler and global vs class variables

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jul 22 02:41:16 UTC 2013

On 21-07-2013, at 7:31 PM, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

> Yes, if I had it to do over again and realized that it would be years before issues like these would be resolved, well then again there were signs of that even then.  In any case, I should have been more explicit about specifically what tests were failing for me.

Hindsight can be a wonderful thing… I'm not sure any of us thought there would be Squeak to still worry about by now.

> Tim: Are you saying that both before and after the [FIX] is loaded the same 8 tests fail?  Well, given the time that has passed the provided tests may be more valuable than the proposed fix at this point.

Given the amount of changes to the compiler since then and the decided lack of my compiler knowledge, I didn't feel safe to try loading it. The tests seemed to load ok, which was nice.

tim
Oxymorons: Software documentation