[squeak-dev] EndOfStream - cruft?

Bob Arning arning315 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 22 16:22:29 UTC 2013

For the historically-obsessed,

Change Set:        069EOS-hh (really2192EOS-hh)
Date:            18 May 2000
Author:            Helge Horch
Requires:        Squeak 2.8a

Modifies ReadStream>>next to signal an Error (EndOfStream) on attempts
to read
at or beyond the end of the stream.  Thanks to Bob Arning (who is
silently credited
in the stamps <g>), existing applications relying on seeing nils should
not be
affected.

Change Set:        102ReadStreamUndo-sma (really 2272ReadStreamUndo-sma)
Date:            1 June 2000
Author:            Stefan Matthias Aust

Undo #2192. The consequences of raising an exception for EOF during
ReadStream>>next should be worked out in 2.9a but not for 2.8.

and, AFAIK, that was the end of that.

Cheers,
Bob