[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Exceptions-fbs.48.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Jul 23 09:47:30 UTC 2013

Frank Shearar uploaded a new version of Exceptions to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Exceptions-fbs.48.mcz

Name: Exceptions-fbs.48
Author: fbs
Time: 23 July 2013, 10:43:57.584 am
UUID: ae58a39c-c2b3-f64f-8e96-f1e5b5d238e4
Ancestors: Exceptions-fbs.47

Move Exceptions close to where they're used, rather than collecting them together just because they're Exceptions.

=============== Diff against Exceptions-fbs.47 ===============

Item was removed:
- Exception subclass: #Abort
- 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Abort>>defaultAction (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- defaultAction
- 	"No one has handled this error, but now give them a chance to decide how to debug it.  If none handle this either then open debugger (see UnhandedError-defaultAction)"
-
- 	UnhandledError signalForException: self!

Item was removed:
- Error subclass: #EndOfStream
- 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Extensions'!
-
- !EndOfStream commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- Signalled when ReadStream>>next encounters a premature end.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: EndOfStream>>defaultAction (in category 'exceptionDescription') -----
- defaultAction
- 	"Answer ReadStream>>next default reply."
-
- 	^ nil!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: EndOfStream>>isResumable (in category 'description') -----
- isResumable
- 	"EndOfStream is resumable, so ReadStream>>next can answer"
-
- 	^ true!

Item was removed:
- Notification subclass: #PickAFileToWriteNotification
- 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!

Item was removed:
- Notification subclass: #ProgressNotification
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'amount done extra'
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!
-
- !ProgressNotification commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- Used to signal progress without requiring a specific receiver to notify. Caller/callee convention could be to simply count the number of signals caught or to pass more substantive information with #signal:.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification class>>signal:extra: (in category 'exceptionInstantiator') -----
- signal: signalerText extra: extraParam
- 	"TFEI - Signal the occurrence of an exceptional condition with a specified textual description."
-
- 	| ex |
- 	ex := self new.
- 	ex extraParam: extraParam.
- 	^ex signal: signalerText!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification>>amount (in category 'accessing') -----
- amount
- 	^amount!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification>>amount: (in category 'accessing') -----
- amount: aNumber
- 	amount := aNumber!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification>>done (in category 'accessing') -----
- done
- 	^done!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification>>done: (in category 'accessing') -----
- done: aNumber
- 	done := aNumber!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification>>extraParam (in category 'accessing') -----
- extraParam
- 	^extra!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressNotification>>extraParam: (in category 'accessing') -----
- extraParam: anObject
- 	extra := anObject!

Item was removed:
- Notification subclass: #ProgressTargetRequestNotification
- 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!
-
- !ProgressTargetRequestNotification commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- I am used to allow the ComplexProgressIndicator one last chance at finding an appropriate place to display. If I am unhandled, then the cursor location and a default rectangle are used.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProgressTargetRequestNotification>>defaultAction (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- defaultAction
-
- 	self resume: nil!

Item was removed:
- Notification subclass: #ProjectEntryNotification
- 	instanceVariableNames: 'projectToEnter'
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!
-
- !ProjectEntryNotification commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- I provide a way to override the style of Project entry (which is buried deep in several different methods). My default is a normal full-screen enter.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProjectEntryNotification class>>signal: (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- signal: aProject
-
- 	| ex |
- 	ex := self new.
- 	ex projectToEnter: aProject.
- 	^ex signal: 'Entering ',aProject printString!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProjectEntryNotification>>defaultAction (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- defaultAction
-
- 	self resume: projectToEnter enter!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProjectEntryNotification>>projectToEnter (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- projectToEnter
-
- 	^projectToEnter!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProjectEntryNotification>>projectToEnter: (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- projectToEnter: aProject
-
- 	projectToEnter := aProject!

Item was removed:
- Notification subclass: #ProjectPasswordNotification
- 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProjectPasswordNotification>>defaultAction (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- defaultAction
-
- 	self resume: ''!

Item was removed:
- Notification subclass: #ProjectViewOpenNotification
- 	instanceVariableNames: ''
- 	classVariableNames: ''
- 	poolDictionaries: ''
- 	category: 'Exceptions-Kernel'!
-
- !ProjectViewOpenNotification commentStamp: '<historical>' prior: 0!
- ProjectViewOpenNotification is signalled to determine if a ProjectViewMorph is needed for a newly created project. The default answer is yes.!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: ProjectViewOpenNotification>>defaultAction (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
- defaultAction
-