[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.302/r2749

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 16:55:13 UTC 2013

Hi Frank,

Frank Shearar-3 wrote
> On 17 July 2013 02:15, Paul DeBruicker <

> pdebruic@

> > wrote:
>> Frank Shearar-3 wrote
>>> On 16 July 2013 01:35, Eliot Miranda <
>>
>>> eliot.miranda@

>>> I've upgraded the build scripts for build.squeak.org accordingly.
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> frank
>>

>> Should I make a new all-in-one?
>

> That sounds like a good idea. If it's an automated process, we can set
> up a CI build for it.
>
> frank

Sorry for the delay to get back to you.  I think it could be run by the CI
system.  Its just a bunch of bash scripts now.  They are in this github
repo:

https://github.com/pdebruic/Squeak-All-In-One

It does download the updated VMs but does not yet download new images.

To make a new all-in-one just

1. clone that repo
2. download and extract the image you want to use
3. edit the create4.4AllInOne script to reflect the new VM version info
4. run the create4.4AllInOne script.

If you want to automate the build I'd be happy to help.  It may also be good
to make 'bleeding-edge', latest-stable, and latest-release  all-in-one
builds.  To do that we'd just need to get the proper images downloaded prior
to making the all-in-one.  My reason for opening bug 7752 was to make this
easier on me.  But there's probably another way to do it.

Let me know how I can help.

Paul