[squeak-dev] Serious crash in BitBlt>installStrikeFont... related methods

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 24 02:54:44 UTC 2013

In BitBlt>computeRGBColorConvertingMap: targetColor to: destDepth keepSubPixelAA: keepSubPix there appears to be a pretty big bug in that the code very explicitly assumes that the 'targetColor' can only be a Color -when in fact InfiniteForms are also quite likely. For example, a StringMorph can have its color as one such. See, for example, Morph>color: where the code explicitly handles an InfiniteForm.

Does anyone here recall developing this code? Any thoughts on what I might do - and yes, I know that not using an  InfiniteForm is one of the things, but right now I still have to discover how it got set that way. Work with me here...

tim
Multitasking:  Screwing up several things at once...