[squeak-dev] SqueakTrunk image on build.squeak.org broken?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jul 28 06:24:02 UTC 2013

I noticed that the VM tarball jobs on build.squeak.org (InterpreterVM and
CogVM jobs) have been failing for some time. These jobs use the latest trunk
image from the SqueakTrunk job, which is supposed to be a base Squeak image
updated from the trunk stream (see http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/).
However, that image is missing the ST80 package entirely (which indirectly
causes the VM tarball job failures).

I tried to update the image (world menu -> help... -> update code from
server) in hopes that this would load the missing packages, but this fails
due to some other problem.

The project comment for the SqueakTrunk job says:

 * Take a base image (currently 4.5-12565), update it, archive the result.
 * Run the entire suite of in-image tests.

I think that I had mistakenly assumed that the "SqueakTrunk" job was a release
image updated from the trunk stream, but actually it must be a stripped "base"
image with packages reloaded, and maybe the reloading part has forgotten to
install ST80. Is that right?

Dave