[squeak-dev] Package Hierarchy Map

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Jul 29 13:13:08 UTC 2013

Am 29.07.2013 um 14:51 schrieb Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>:
[…]
>> IMHO we should start with Collection and make it depend on 'Nothing',
>> or the other way round, make Collection depend on Kernel but Kernel depend
>> on nothing.
>
> I would very much like to have Kernel depend on nothing, but we're a
> long way from being able to do that.

Why? (see below)

> Collections _can't_ depend on
> nothing, because it must at the least depend on things like Object and
> Class, which properly belong in Kernel.

I looked around in Kernel and, boy, it is crowded.
Eg, why is ObjectViewer in Kernel? (just mocking)

Wouldn't it be possible to extract the actual kernel from "Kernel"
and rename Kernel to Base or something?
Only that we have the most basic objects (Object ±ProtoObject, Booleans, MNU (with dependencies))

Best
	-Tobias