[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-nice.527.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 14:11:35 UTC 2013

A possible scenario:
For some reason (?) the snapshot.bin fails. In that case, the server used
the sources in .st format.
But newly produced sources are in utf8 and the server is probably not utf8
aware...
In which case the server re-interprets bad characters for building the .mcd
and put them in patch.bin stone
Makes sense?

Is it possible to backport the utf8 correction to the server ?
I mean, is it going to cause forward compatibility problems ?