[squeak-dev] The Inbox: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.115.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 20:30:56 UTC 2013

On 29 July 2013 16:44,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> A new version of MonticelloConfigurations was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.115.mcz

> Name: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.115
> Author: fbs
> Time: 29 July 2013, 4:44:33.359 pm
> UUID: e5e2b7a8-2588-6e44-b968-88ab3f4635b2
> Ancestors: MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.114
>
> Move check-for-updates into MonticelloConfigurations, thanks to pragma preferences and Smalltalk's startup/shutdown registration.
>
> Remove the old preference in Preferences' initialize. A later System commit can remove this removal.
>
> =============== Diff against MonticelloConfigurations-fbs.114 ===============

Bert, have I managed to understand pragma based preferences
sufficiently to not make a complete hash of this piece of work?

If so, I'll happily start carving off other preferences. I'm pinging
you just because (a) you know everything about Squeak and (b) System
is at the heart of most of the package entanglements. If I've
understood the process, I can start removing more of these kinds of
entanglements.

Thanks!

frank