[squeak-dev] straaannnnge code in SystemWindow>>addMorph:fullFrame:

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 21:39:09 UTC 2013

Hi All,

    in SystemWindow>>addMorph:fullFrame: towards the bottom are the lines:

aMorph adoptPaneColor: self paneColor.
aMorph borderWidth: 1; borderColor: Color lightGray; color: Color white.

I'm adding a UpdatingThreePhaseButtonMorph checkBox to my window so, via
ImageMorph>>colors:

ImageMorph>>color: aColor
        super color: aColor.
        (image depth = 1 and: [aColor isColor]) ifTrue: [
                image colors: {Color transparent. aColor}.
                self changed]

this has the effect of completely smashing the checkBox's normal image, and
setting to white ScriptingSystem formAtKey: #CheckBoxOn, which is what the
checkBox uses as its default image.

What business does SystemWindow have of smashing the colour of any morph
added to it?  Surely this is bogus, no?
--
best,
Eliot